Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Something that bothers me..

I realized today that I find it extremely annoying when someone says to me "You just wait until your daughter is 14!" Okay just for everyones information, I remember being 14, 15 and 16 and yes if there is karma, I'm screwed. I have an extremely smart and assertive little three year old. I am really tired of people assuming that she will be trouble, what if it means she will grow up to be a strong woman? She will probably give me grief, thats what teenagers do! I wish people understood that I feel like a failure when they say that. I decided that I will not feel that way anymore! The truth is I have always said what I thought, I am very assertive. It has worked for me and against me, but it is a part of who I am. I am excited to see what kind of woman Lane becomes, I know I will be proud, I already am. I don't know many three year olds who understand life the way she does. So the next time someone says to me, "You just wait until your daughter is 14," I will tell them, "I can't wait!" (and I will have a shit eating grin on my face!)

1 comment:

becoloradogirl said...

Allison, just wait until you are 29 - it all makes sense then ;-)
Lane will always be a wonderful girl, and you are a great mom! Love you! Bec