Sunday, August 5, 2007

My Friend Uriel...

It was almost a year ago exactly I lost my friend Uriel. It's hard enough when you lose a friend, but the way Uriel died was so awful. I was at an AA meeting on a Saturday night, I got there really early with Jackie and Lisa. I saw Uriel pull up, he got out of his car and came right up to me. I gave him a hug and a kiss and he said, "You're glowing!" I laughed and he said, "No really Allison you are!" That was just like him, he was always saying the nicest things to me. Lisa left to take a friend of ours home and Uriel said, "Lisa I'll miss you" Lisa said, "I'll be right back!" Uriel said, "I know but I'll miss you." Literally minutes later he was shot multiple times by someone that he sponsored, just feet away from me.

I have to be honest, that was the worst thing I have ever seen. I don't think I will ever be the same after that night.

I guess it's been on my mind a lot lately because it will be a year on September 2. I had the greatest dream today in the middle of the day today. I was on an airplane and there was practically no one on the plane. I was by myself and I was going to a hospital. I don't know who I was there to see, but when I got there someone told me, Uriel is here. I cried immediately. I remember the person who was with me said, "Don't cry, he's fine." I wanted to see him so they took me to where he was. I couldn't go in, but I could watch through this glass window and he was fine. I didn't get to talk to him or give him a hug but I knew he was okay. I think Uriel just gave me a huge gift. My Mom pointed out, it's like he was telling me, even though I can't see him he's okay. It's been almost a year and that is the first pleasant dream I've had about him.

Thank you Uriel.

No comments: